Plano ISD Council of PTAs
Mission, Objectives and Purposes
Our Council, with 69 local-unit PTAs and more than 28,000 members, is the key link in the line of communication between the local, area, State, and National PTAs, as well as with the school administration and the general public. Councils provide opportunities for conferences, leadership training, and coordination of efforts, plus information, support, inspiration, and instruction for Council members. The Council serves to strengthen local PTAs, support new PTAs, develop leadership potential, promote PTA membership and serve the community and its children.
Plano ISD Council of PTAs is involved in many programs and projects, including leadership training, Officer and Chairman Training, Outstanding PTA Award, Life Membership Banquet, Reflections and Texas PTA Environmental Programs, Vendor Fair, Plano ISD administration holiday luncheon, local PTA program recognition, legislative action and community issues and more.
- A powerful voice for all children,
- A relevant resource for families and communities, and
- A strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
Making every child’s potential a reality.
- Act as a resource and mentor to strengthen and improve the effectiveness of local PTAs
- Broaden community awareness of the programs, services and initiatives supported by the Plano ISD Council of PTAs.
- Strengthen Plano ISD/PTA connection to support excellence in education
- Encourage an integrated approach to parental inclusion of cultural, educational, socioeconomic, linguistically diverse, and non-traditional families.
Training session required for council officers and chairmen, conducted by a state board member or a current district officer by June 15 each year. Acquaints the new board with the role of council in the PTA structure.
Texas PTA Handbook
A collection of PTA information and publications which is given to the local unit and council presidents. Updates are received from State PTA.
Official publication of Texas Congress of Parents and Teachers contains timely articles, and commentary on children and education, programs, policies, and legislation.
The National PTA magazine offers articles and information related to youth, school, welfare, and parenting. Excellent resource for PTA and for all parents.
Council email newsletter published by PISD Council of PTAs. Sent to local presidents, council delegates, principals and subscribed members.
Council Board and General Meetings
Please refer to the calendar page.